Tuesday 12 April 2011

Final Trailer and Evaluation



This is the final result of the animation I have produced for the assignment with all of the scenes edited together and sound included.

The trailer is 30 seconds long and features the Zorin Industries airship from the movie A View To A Kill, flying over the Golden Gate Bridge in reference to a particular scene from the film. However, despite this reference, my animation does not show actual scenes from the film and instead is a more abstract trailer advertising the movie, much more similar to the opening credits from James Bond films (for an example, see the opening credits from Quantum of Solace).

In my trailer, there are three bullets flying along the river towards the Golden Gate Bridge as the airship is flying over it. The bullets then slow down and two of them drop into the water below. The third bullet slowly weaves its way around the struts of the bridge before firing up towards the Zorin Industries airship, with the scene cutting just before it hits leaving the trailer on a cliffhanger.

Overall I am quite happy with the way my animation has turned out. In particular, some of the camera angles I have managed to create I am very pleased with. However, there are some elements I would improve next time. One thing I noticed about my trailer is that it seems very short, despite being the specified 30 seconds. I think this is because it lures the viewer in and then suddenly ends and I think a big cause of this is the soundtrack. I have used the title song from the film, although just when the song is beginning with the lyrics coming in, my animation then cuts. This could be a contributory factor that leaves the viewer expecting more.

Another thing that could be improved is the landscaping. Currently it seems a bit bare and, although not a key point of the animation, it would be nice to add a bit more to the landscape to make it a bit more pleasing to the eye.

However, those points aside, I am happy with my trailer. I have definitely enjoyed learning and using the Autodesk 3D Studio Max program this semester. I have learned a lot of very useful techniques about 3D modelling and animation and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Next time I would probably make use of more of the techniques that I learned this semester, uing some of those that I didn't use for this trailer, in order to create more variety. But for my first experience of 3D modelling and animation, I am pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment