Sunday 10 April 2011

Assignment - Scene 7



This is the 7th and final scene of my assignment animation. This is where my animation becomes slightly abstract with the last remaining bullet weaving its way around the struts of the Golden Gate Bridge before firing up towards the Zorin Industries airship.

In order to create this I used a carefully constructed path constraint. I created a spline that weaved its way around the struts of the bridge before suddenly going straight and upwards. It was a challenge to get the path to follow around the struts, especially at the end when it goes straight across the bridge and has to go between the struts on the other side too, on the way to the airship. However, I managed to achieve the path I wanted after a long and careful construction process.

Once this was achieved, I attached the bullet to the path using a path constraint and then set the bullet to start about 10% of the way along the path. The reason for this was to get the right camera angle. In order to get the camera to follow, I cloned the spline that the bullet was following and moved it slightly above. This was a technique I had learnt in creating the little race track animation for one of the tutorials. I could then attach the camera to this slightly higher path. Then I attached the camera target to the bullet using an attachment constraint.

The path constraints were set to not have a constant velocity, since the bullet needed to speed up on the straight part of the path at the end. However, in the final render, this effect was perhaps a little bit too much and will therefore need slowing down slightly in Adobe Premiere Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment