Saturday 9 April 2011

Assignment - Scene 3



This is scene 3 of my final animation. Here the bullets, around which the animation is focussed, come into play. In this scene the three bullets are flying down the river with the camera swirling around them.

To create this scene I used path constraints. The three bullets followed a straight path. I then created a helix spline, rotating it so that it was circling the path that the bullets would follow. Once the spline was in place and the path was perfect, I attached the camera to the path using a path constraint and the camera target to the middle bullet using an attachment constraint. This created the camera angle I was looking for, to build up tension around the flying bullets. In the final animation I will probably use some tension building sound here too.

I was very happy with how this render turned out. The effect of the daylight on the surface of the water is brilliant and the camera angle is very interesting, especially as it zooms on the bullet at the end of the scene before swiftly cutting. This will work great in the final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment