Sunday 10 April 2011

Assignment - Scene 6



This is scene 6 of my final animation. In this scene, the bullets slow down before two of them suddenly drop into the river. The third bullet continues slowly towards the Golden Gate Bridge.

There are a lot of features used in this particular scene. To make the bullets drop into the water I used the reactor physics engine provided in 3DS Max. I had previously used this in one of the tutorials to animate the bowling alley and decided straight away that I'd like to use it in my final animation. This scene allowed me that opportunity. The reactor physics engine ensured that the falling motion is completely realistic.

The camera angle of this scene is also very interesting. To create this I once again used path constraints. Firstly I created an ark shaped spline. I then rotated it so that the ark curved upwards - parallel to the bridge curving up towards the sky. I then used the path constraint tool to attach the camera to the spline. Once this was done, I used an attachment constraint to attach the camera target to the middle bullet.

In order to achieve the desired camera effect, I had to ensure that the camera was above the bullets at the point where they dropped. I think I achieved this nicely and I am very happy with the way this scene turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment